Question

Ineedhelp29

Do I still need to make payments on debt that has been removed from my credit report?
I've been making payments on a debt to a collections agency for four years and just saw that all three accounts were removed from my credit report. Since it's past the Statute of Limitations, do I still need to pay the remaining balance and keep making payments? I don't want the Statute of Limitations to start over and to have the debt reappear on my credit report if I keep my payment plan going, but I don't know how to get them to stop automatically charging me. Also, how do I make sure I accidentally don't restart the Statute of Limitations when discussing this with the collections agency?

Do you want the bad news or the good news?  The statute of limitations varies by state, although, the statute goes from the date of debt or the last payment.  Thus, as you were paying on the debt, the statute of limitations usually goes from the last payment.   The "maybe" good news.  The item is off of your credit report and that is one of your goals.   As long as you are timely in making the payments and continue as agreed, it is highly unlikely that they will refile with the credit bureau, thus, it should not affect your credit moving forward.  If you miss a payment, they are likely to refile and take the appropriate action.