Question

creditbuilding79

Do I remove my name from someone else's credit card or take the hit with the high balance?
I was added to my boyfriend's credit card in case of emergencies. I no longer need the card for those purposes, but I thought that having the added credit on my account would help my score. Now the card is nearly maxed out and starting to hurt my score. Do I have him remove my name or leave it until he pays it down? I'm not sure if removing my name will cause a drop in my score since it appears like I'm closing a credit card? It would be about a 25% reduction in my overall available credit. Thanks for any help.

Most Helpful Response

You want you name removed off his Credit Cards ASAP.

You only want to be added to a spouces Credit Card.   Until you marry it's a no no.