Question

amish42

Do I pay the collection ageny or the hospital?

If it's in collections

You pay the collection agency because calling the hospital billing department will just send you to the collection agency anyway.

Before you do, make sure you speak with them and arrange for a written note that they will remove the account from collections when you pay. Do not take their word for it. Hey it in writing. Then after you get it pay. If they don't remove the debt/collections You have something to fall back on.

Collection agencies use every dirty trick in the book. From calling and telling you they are going to court, to tell you that they can freeze your bank account to even tellinfnyou the Easter bunny will throw rotten eggs at you. They lie because it's a job, and they have quotas (imagine a telemarketer with more pressure and an arsenal of bs)
This is what they do, and they are food at it. Be good at knowing your rights otherwise they will take the money and leave the scar on your file for 7 years from the last activity date, which is the payment.

Collection agencies are garbage, the whole premise is a joke, but it's the industry, so what can you do.

I tell every Client to kearn their rights, to read. No one likes to read, so I got strippers and adult actresses to refresh them with stimulating visuals. After all, we do advocate a clients rights at all times. Some one has to.

The collection agency now owns the debt, so payment goes to them.

sadasdsada

:)

Updated Rating

I just paid a settlement on a debt that went to collections and showed up on my credit report.

How long after should I see the change in my rating?

Oneangrydude

Give it about a good 30 days. They will mark it paid/closed but the negative history will stay on there for the duration of the 7 years rule (maybe less depending if you live in California).

You can try to get it removed but if they got paid, they won't fire up their systems in metro to do it.

Either way, luck to you buddy

Old Depts

I have depts that say they will be removed from my report at the end of 2018. Am I better to let them fall if they really do or get a loan  ( if possible ) to pay them off.

Oneangrydude

Of If you lived this long without doing anything about it, what's a few more months? That's the truthful response. You can't dispute actual debts so if you pay them they'll just re-age.

colection agency

i have like 8 colection account with diferent place like cox verizon and more how can i do a payment plan to start nocking out one at the time please help

Oneangrydude

If what you want is a payment plan you can call them direct and deal with them. If it's in collections make sure you don't get abused and have all the huge fees tacked on. (They love that crap)
Anyway, I always advocate for consumers to try to get a letter before you pay stating that They will remove the negative listing when repaying. Otherwise it stays in there from the last date of activity. So if the debt was 3 years old when payment began, they report it from that date as if the 3 years never happened. So instead of seeing it come off in 7 years you really see it after 10.

These companies are not supposed to do that, busy they do plenty of things they aren't supposed to do.

Read up on the FACTA. You can find the link online, or visit a good advocacy site.

Luck to you on your journey

Neither yet

ask for a validation of debt so that you know exactly what you owe and to who. but more often then not if they sold the debt you will pay the collection agency 

Neither

I went to Future Credit Fix and they got my medical bills deleted. Saved me a lot of money

collection for electric

i have a collections on my account for an electric bill from about 1 1/2 years ago from a previous address, well now that ive moved into my new apartment i need to put in my name now but they say i have to pay off what i owe to them, but above here poeple are saying to pay the collection agency.. so should i pay the company or the agency? and if i pay the company will i be able to dispute the collections on my account?

The hospital and the collection bureau were sending me the same bills. I personally paid the hospital and then turned both of them into the better business bureau. I Don't know your situation but you need to pay the hospital/bureau that's sending you the bill.

hospital vs credit collectors

try working it out with hospital again if you have already done so.  IF you cannot afford the amount you have to pay, then speak with administration at the hospital about this.  Usually they have programs to lower the amount which you have to pay and give you a smaller payment plan.  if you keep the payments up, you will have no trouble with the credit.  THEY CAN HELP YOU.