Question

Negan2017

do i pay the collection agencies or the company its self
i have a couple of collections on my report and I want to pay those off because I'm trying to purchase a home. Do I pay the collection agencies or the business? And want do I need to do to get those of my report after paying?

You can contact the original creditor and try to pay them first, ask them if they will accept your full payment and in return cancel the collection account and have it removed from your reports. Many times original creditors will not accept payments on accounts if they have been sold to debt collectors, if that is the case, then you will have to pay the debt collector. You want to do some reading on "pay for delete agreements" before proceeding with this and your best hope of getting a collection removed is PRIOR to making your payment. you have no leverage once the payment is made.

Other factors are the Statute of Limitations on Collections for your state, as well as how to negotiate a 'pay for delete agreement.  All of this is in the articles on this site since teaching about credit is the purpose of Credit Karma.  I sure learned a lot and now enjoy the benefits of said knowledge.