Question

JonV16

Do I need to report Fraud to the Credit Bureau's if the company that sent me to collections did?
I have been the victim of identity theft from someone who opened an account in my name with Verizon back in Sept 2014. The balance sat, I went to collections, and my credit score plummeted. I have already contacted Verizon and they ruled that it was indeed fraud. They sent me a confirmation letter stating "We are submitting a request to each of the three major credit reporting agencies to remove you from any of the reporting on the account."

Do I need to do anything else? Do I need to write a letter to the bureau's as well? Please include links to helpful information if applicable. Thanks!

Give the account a couple of weeks to be removed, if not removed by then or after a month goes by, contact the credit bureaus and explain the situation and ask them to remove the account, if the rep is unhelpful, then file a dispute with credit bureaus and provide a copy of the letter that you have for evidence.