Question

dante47

Do I need to pay medical bill if it is over 1 year old and I just got it? It/s not itemized
I haven't been to that physician in over a year and I'm just now receiving a bill. The bill is already dated a month ago and I just received it. It has an amount only and no itemized description of what the charges are for. My insurance should have paid for it. What do I do to get this solved?

Most Helpful Response

Contact the doctor's billing office and find out why insurance didn't pay it and why they were so late in sending it.  You may have to deal with your insurance company as well.  If you don't get it resolved now, it will go to collections and haunt you for 7 years.  It's a hassle, but try to get it fixed now while you still have paperwork regarding it.  Best of luck!