Question

KittyKatBar

Do I need to make a charge each month to keep cards active?
I have been working hard to reestablish my credit history after a bankruptcy and now have a total of five unsecured credit cards in my name. I have just recently opened up my newest two, and occasionally carry a small balance on my existing three cards (Capital One has a limit of $1,600, another Capital One for $900, and the third is the evil Credit One Bank for $600) for a month or two.

My most recent cards are store cards with Amazon ($800 limit) and Walmart ($500 limit) -- I did use them to make small initial purchases ($9 on Amazon and $24 on Walmart) but the interest rates are definitely not favorable so I must pay them off each month. Both cards are issued through Synchrony Credit, and upon reading reviews on them it seems limits get lowered and cards get cancelled frequently for lack of use or underutilization with this bank. Can anyone with experience advise if I need to make purchases each month to keep my credit lines active with this bank in particular?

I wouldn't say "every month". You should be fine with most lenders to use their card every few months in order to keep it active.