Question

tigerman66

do I have to pay open accounts even if old?
I have 2 open accounts, I called the creditors and they told me the accounts will have to be closed because they where opened in 2008. Should I pay them or wait till they are closed?
Did I restart the clock by calling them?

Technicall, you don't have to pay any accounts you don't want to pay.  :)  You WILL restart the clock by PAYING them, but not just by calling or contacting them.  I'd wait it out and let them fall off your report.  If your conscience won't let you live without paying them, then make sure you get IN WRITING that they will delete the account from your report if you pay it off.  Best of luck!