Question

valnkota

Do I file my bankruptcy in OH or SC?
I recently moved to SC from OH. I do not have any real estate or other property in OH; however, I read online that I should file in the state in which I am a legal resident and registered to vote. I have only been in SC for 3 weeks so I don't think that makes me a legal resident. The only thing that has changed is my address so far. What do I do?

Why??

If you are so bad off financially you feel the need to file bankruptcy, how were you able to afford the cost of moving from Ohio to South Carolina?  And why did you make the move?

In this case, since federal law applies in ALL bankruptcies, contact a bankruptcy attorney.  The laws are too complex for any non-attorney to deal with.

valnkota

Why...are you so ignorant? This is an advice board and not a way for you to try to belittle others seeking advice or help; however to entertain your ignorance, I will answer your questions. 

I moved to SC because my rent was $975/month. I lost my job and decided since my husband was deployed it would be best to move in with my mom to cut costs. I have a six month old and three other children to care for. The cost of putting my HHG in storage and moving costs me about $400. A lot cheaper than you probably assumed. I have three vehicles. One stayed in OH with my in laws and the other two were driven by myself and my mother to SC. 

I hope I answered all of your questions because you did not answer mine at all. I have consulted with an attorney, but thought I would ask a question since this is a free forum to do so. 

valnkota

*costed