Question

brandon452

Do high credit lines deter future applications?
I have an aggregate credit line on all accounts of about $15,000. My annual income is approximately $65,000.

Does having this high line of total credit deter banks from accepting my applications for new cards even if I tend to keep my overall credit utilization % low?

No. It indicates you use your cards responsibly. Use cards with rewards that benefit you. You should open new credit cards no more than twice a year, and only when you need them. You should charge something at least every three months on your cards to keep them open and then pay the balance each month. I charge all my monthly expenses, except my mortgage, on my various cards and have over 100,000 rewards points spread out. Some of them earn actual cash back rewards. Never use more than 30% of yiur credit limit, preferably less.