Question

Chapstiky8

do hard inquiries from the same credit card company affect your score
I applied and got an Amex card with good apr and transfer for 0%. Now Amex is sending me another application to get better than those deals but I have to apply like if it were a new card. Being that the dates are so close together but made by the same company will it affect my score? I've tried calling Experian and TransUnion and no ones answers calls anymore. Can anyway help?

Every time a hard inquiry is done, it affects your score. Ask AMEX to use the same pull they already did, they might not, but it is worth a try. Anyway, inquiries don't hurt your credit that much, unless there is a bunch of them.

credit cards and hard inquires

I have found Inquires (hard hits) are usually offset quickly by increase in a couple of months by increase in credit but my credit age is over 8 years.