Question

housestanding

Do disputes on paid collections affect my chances of getting a mortgage?
I have a few collections accounts on my reports that have already been paid in full. Do open disputes on these paid collections accounts affect my chances of getting a mortgage?

Most Helpful Response

I do believe that most mortgage lenders frown upon open disputes when apping for a mortgage and believe that most require all disputes to be closed before approval can be given, but the best thing that you can do is to contact the mortgage lenders that you are thinking about apping with and ask them there policy.