Question

DlW720

Do creditors have to report?
My mortgage company sold my mortgage loan to another company 4 years ago. Since then I've paid off my mortgage. The problem is the last mortgage company that I used didn't report to the credit bureaus. Anyone know if they have to report or is it voluntary? I could use the boost to my credit score.

Reporting is strictly voluntary.  Most mortgages are not reported since that involves an asset purchase, not a revolving charge account.  Please read the articles here so you can better understand how credit works and learn how to improve your score.