Question

Houseboat68

do closed accts hurt credit
I have several old accounts that have been closed for years that still show up on my Equifax. do they hurt my credit?

If the closed accounts show an excellent payment record, be glad they are still showing because they are actually helping your score,.  Most accouts drop off after 7 years.  What does or does not affect your score is well explained in the articles on this site and I strongly recommend taking the time to read them since you aren't taught anything about credit in school, unfortunately.