Question

umadbrah

Do cards with no balance count as having a payment?
So a big hit to my credit score is that I have 9 missed payments within the last 2-3 years so I only have a 94.8% on time payment percentage. My question is if I have a bunch of credit cards carrying no balance, do those count as a "payment"? On my credit report, it will show as a green "OK" under Payment History for accounts with no balance, so I'm hoping and guessing it does count as a payment even if there isn't one?

I only ask because if I have a lot of accounts and rack up 10+ payments a month, it would only take it a year to two to get back up to 99%.

But if I'm only getting 1-2 payments a month of frequently used accounts, it'd take forever.

No. If you're not using the cards, then they have no balance. Ergo you're making no payments.