Question

Tracie11

Divorce,update records
Divorced, How can I get name removed from a joint credit reports?

excellent question but no good answer

In my divorce my ex and I each had to pay off three credit card debts. I paid mine off but he continues making only the minimum payment, so the cards still show on my credit report even though the accounts were closed and I sent a copy of the divorce decree to each credit card company. The same thing is true for a mortgage- the ex retained the home and I bought a smaller house, so now I have 2 mortgages- my own and the joint one- and 3 large credit card balances showing on my credit report.