Question

janpez

Divorced 10 years, ex's acct making me look overextended.
He always pays on time, but he carries a large balance and the card is always maxed out. Divorce decree says it's his debt, but my name is still on it. It's making my debt to income ratio too high and my credit score too low. Is there anything I can do?

When did you last check your credit reports?  Where the credit cards are reported (there are three credit bureaus) you might consider sending a copy of the essential pages of the divorce decree showing assignment of debts responsibility and the date of said decree being granted with a letter disputing the credit card's presence on your credit report due to the divorce and ask the bureau to remove same right away.