Question

BrittanyLynne23

Disputing ERC, what now?
I recently started actually trying to build my credit and clean it up. It’s almost time in my life to make my first home purchase. The only derogatory collection issue on my credit report was from ERC (an old T-Mobile bill). I couldn’t figure out why it was on there, the only T-mobile line I had was a non-contract line years ago. But the charge was only $115, so I called T-mobile first to just pay it and have it removed from my credit report and they advised me that they have sold the debt. So I contacted ERC and told them I wasn’t familiar with the debt but I would be willing to pay for removal. They advised me that they would not do that. So I disputed it the proper way, certified mail, requesting proof of debt including my non-existent contract. A week later, I received a T-mobile statement in the mail that had the original address wrong. I still did not receive a contract. I spoke with the new provider, AT&T and they showed that the phone was transferred to them prior to the bill they are claiming owed. I also googled the Plan Name from T-Mobile and found that I was correct, it wasn’t a contracted account. Pay as you go. Well, now what do I do? They have removed the account from my credit while in dispute, but if they didn’t provide me sufficient information, how do I keep them from putting it back on?

If it would return to your reports or if you get any further bills from any parties involved, you need to contact and FDCPA law firm for a consult. FDCPA is "fair debt collection practices act". There are many FDCPA law firms that will take your case with no out of pocket expense and put the hammer down on Debt Collectors that are violating the laws with a lawsuit.