Question

Meagandporter

Disputing collections on your report and raising your score 100pts?
My current credit score is between 489-522 (depending on the bureau and day). I want to raise my credit score by 100pts this year. At least, that is the goal.

I have some closed accounts that have not been sold to a debt collector yet. Can I request to pay them in full and have them deleted from my credit report?

I also have a couple of small collections accounts that have already been sold to a third party. How can I dispute these accounts?

I suggest you look to the left side of this page,  under RESOURCES, then click on ARTICLES.  Read them and you will learn how to handle your credit issues and how to build a good credit score.  Use the financial tools as part of your learning experience.  Credit Karma was set up to provide an online, interactive education in how to build and maintain a good credit score.  This site is not a credit bureau, all information is for your use only in learning how to make credit work for you.