Question

DanielleGr

disputing collection
I disputed some old charge off accounts on my credit report in January. I got an email from CK saying I had new activity on my account. It now shows that the old accounts were removed and now they have been re added and my score dropped 20 points. Why would they remove and re add? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Many things could have caused this, so I can't say for sure, one scenario would be that the accounts had incorrect info, so they pulled them, corrected the info and readded, which made the accounts look new to the scoring system and caused the damage. Not sure what to tell you here, but I strongly advise reading as much as you can on this and all credit topics.

You can only dispute WRONG isnformation.  It is possible the disputed accounts were pulled while being investigated. and when the investigation found that the collection item was, in fact, yours, it went back on your credit report.