Question

awimberley

Disputing an old debt.
I am looking to dispute an old debt that is around 4K to get it off my credit report. (Transunion anyway). Its set to "drop off" next year, but I am trying to fix my husbands and I's credit so we can hopefully buy a house next year. I am just having trouble with what I need to do with my credit. Any help would be great! I have student loans that are eating me alive too. I feel like I am drowning over here, with no relief.

Question 2. Is it even worth it to dispute it off one and not the others because the chance of successfully doing it on the other two are little to none, and I dont want that debt haunting me while I am trying to buy a house.

You would definitely want it removed from all three reports, but if you can get it off of one report, that is an improvement. If you think that you can get it removed from Transunion, then go for it, but usually simply disputing an account will not get it removed unless there is good reason. Be realistic with your housing purchase, don't put too much pressure on yourself, set the home purchase out for two years if need be, you will be in a much better position then and take a lot of stress off yourself for the next year.