Question

erinayanna

Disputing an innaccurate Medial Bill in Collections
I went to the dentist about 2 years ago and had a procedure done. I received a professional courtesy for the materials they used and was never charged for the item just the procedures in which I paid for that same day.

2 years later I get a letter from a collection agency. I requested validation of debt and they sent me my account ledger which wasn't clear what the actual charge was. I found the original receipt which has no mention of the item on it. Is this enough to get this removed. What should my next steps be to get this removed from my report.

Well you could contact the office of the dentist and try to figure out what is going on. You could offer to pay the dentist in exchange for pulling the collections account back if you find that you do owe money. Or, you could try to dispute it with the credit bureaus. Or, you could contact an attorney that handles FDCPA cases and see what they have to say. FDCPA stand for "fair debt collection practices act". You can google that and do some reading on it.

I left out one thing, you could try to get a PAY FOR DELETE AGREEMENT with the collection company, so do some reading on that.