Question

Cherol76

Disputing a collection debt
I have a question. I went to dispute a collection but it didn't follow through. Before I dispute it the company told me if I pay in full they would completely take it off my credit but if I made payments once it's paid off it will stay on there and only remark "paid off". Since the dispute didn't go through now they are telling me if I pay it in full they won't take it off. Basically telling me I screwed my self. HELP!

Sorry, but not following through is going to end up with you having to just pay the whole amount. You can't dispute a legitimate debt, only wrong information.  You might have been able to negotiate a 'pay for delete' agreement but that fell through, too. Now you have to live with the consequences.  Be smart and make all payments on time, every time and you won't have the problem.