Question

Dizmal

Disputing a closed account that was not delinquent
Hello,

I had a near financial collapse back in 2014 and somewhere around that timeframe I opened a Kohl's card and an Amazon card. I ended up never using them, but they are now closed on my report after my near-bankruptcy. Is it possible/a good idea to dispute these accounts, since they weren't closed by me nor were ever delinquent? I have like 11 closed accounts to 6 open ones and I would like to shrink that ratio.

Thanks

the companies that service the Credit Cards can close them for any reason,  any reason at all.   Read the Terms of Agreement 

They all will have something like the following 
"You may close your Account at any time. We may require you to provide a closure request in writing. Except as required by applicable law, we may close your Account or suspend your credit privileges or any feature on your Account at any time for any reason, including Account inactivity, without notice. "

you can wait for the accounts for fall off or apply for a new account if you were in good standing with them when it was closed. 

DO NOT try to remove these accounts. Accounts closed in good standing help your credit, you would be extremely foolish to try to get them removed. Your idea of having a better "ratio" of open to closed accounts is completely incorrect as ratios of open and closed accounts have no bearing on anything. I strongly recommend that you do some reading until you have a thorough understanding of how credit works before you even think of trying to make adjustments to your credit profile.