Question

disgruntledconsumer30

Disputed transaction lowered score 90 points.
Let me try to explain the situation in whole.

I reserved a hotel room, a few days later the hotel contacts me to say they had some fire damage and my room would not be available. They did not offer a replacement room or a refund. They told me to dispute the transaction with my credit card company. So i contacted Capital One and disputed the transaction, by doing so, they placed a remark on my account "Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements". My TransUnion score dropped 93 points and my Equifax score dropped 83 points.

CapitalOne tells me there is nothing they can do. TransUnion doesn't have a human option when i called them.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this? I have already been credited the funds from my credit card, but my credit score dropped dramatically!

Most Helpful Response

I did a dispute on one of my cards with, of all things, one of the credit moitoring services. I had canceled the service on line and they continued to charge my card.  I went through my bank and disputed the charge.  I had the same thing pop up on my report about the "Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements".  This is part of the new regulations on credit reporting. Its a warning to any new creditors that there may be fraud on the account and they will monitor the accounts until its checked out. if the creditor doesn't fight the dispute it will fall off your report in 30 days.

Once it falls off your report, your score will bounce right back.

Good luck.

Update...

The remark on my account now says "Dispute resolved; reported by grantor" and my score went up 10 points. So i guess this means if anybody has to dispute a transaction, win or lose, your score will suffer.