Question

Josepth

"Dispute Resolved; Reported by grantor"?
Hey Guys,

A week and some days ago I mailed a goodwill adjustment letter to Chase. Today, when I checked the weekly progress of my report, it alerted me to a negative remark, and doesn't give further details. However, my score had risen by 17 pts. Also, Chase entered a remark, which is open and active, not late, stating the "dispute resolved; reported by grantor". What does this mean? The payments in question remain the same. But my file is reporting a negative mark, and the disputed payments are still there. . .

Thanks!

Most Helpful Response

Any time there is a negative remark on an account, that account is not calculated as part of your score, that is why your score went up.  "Dispute resolved; reported by grantor" means that Chase told the bureaus that the information is correct as reported (in other words, they did not do the goodwill adjustment), so now that account will again be calculated as part of your credit score.  Not sure what you were asking them to do, but I guess maybe remove some late payments?  If that is the case, remember that only late payments that took place within the last 24 months count against your credit score.  Any late payments older than 2 years are not hurting your score.  Hope this helps and best of luck!

wanna know

Do you still see a late payment?