Question

BBxo

Dispute Question(s)
Hello guys! I'm new to the boards and reading as much as I can (thankful for the search feature). I'm not sure if I'm wording this correctly but I have two questions for you:

• if an item is currently in dispute, is it temporarily removed from your credit? I was speaking with a "specialist" on Facebook and she advised me that any time an item is disputed, it's automatically temporarily removed from your credit reports. This didn't sound like correct information to me, but I wanted to be sure.

• Also, if an item is currently being disputed (by my own doing), should I wait for the final outcome before contacting the company? Lexington Law (a company I used in the past...about a year ago) said that if it's disputed and removed, I've 'wasted my time' speaking with the creditor.

New to this but working to raise my score by 100 points over time. Thank you.

Just FYI

Who are you sending your dispute to, the credit bureaus, creditors or collectors? What are you disputing? There are too many variables and different laws that apply when disputing. Without that information it is difficult to give you an accurate answer to your question.

If you file a dispute, it is not removed from your credit report.  Your facebook guru is wrong.  It would only be removed if that is the correct status that it should be after the dispute process which could take 30-45 days to complete.

If you dispute and are successful, depending upon the reason for the dispute, why would you need to contact the credit company?   It was removed because it was not yours or it was too old.     

faidros

I forgot to say.. Good luck on your journey to your 100 point increase goal.