Question

lancashire36145

Dispute incorrect reporting
I had a bankruptcy but I continued to pay my home mortgage and home equity loan on time and was never late. I actually paid them both off early. Bank of America is only reporting "included in bankruptcy" and they removed all payment history. I have contacted them several times in writing requesting they report my payment history along with the fact that payments were never late and loan balance paid in full. I have copies of every payment and the loan pay off documents but they refuse to add any of this information. So, it looks like I defaulted on my home loans on my credit reports. Any advice???

Time to file a dispute

Just file a dispute with the big 3.

Make sure you tell them that you did not include it in your bankruptcy, it was paid off and that you have documented proof.

They will probably ask for you to provide those documents.

After that, they will update your report accordingly. Usually in 30-60 days.

I've made several disputes over various misreported items on my report and everyone of them has worked for me.

Just keep your paperwork in order!

File a complaint with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau may also help