Question

sim0nabear

dispute examples for credit cards
So I have a credit card that was taken out in my name . It was at my old address but I did not live there so I want to dispute it. I was going to provide proof of bank statements to prove it. Is that good enough? Or what other things should I provide? Also I was wondering what I should say if its an error like a law saying if this isnt me you have to remove it you know?

"it was at my old address but I did not live there"

I am not sure if you are contradicting yourself or got your mail delivered to a place that you didn't actually live at. You cannot approach any credit bureaus or credit card companies with a statement like this, so figure out a better way to explain your situation before proceeding.  Bank Statements do not have anything to do with anything. If you truly did not open the card at hand, then someone stole your identity to open the card. The only avenue that you have is the Identity theft route and that involves more than just saying someone stolen your identity. You will have to file some paperwork with the credit bureaus and the police in your area as well as the FBI will probably get involved, so make sure that you are absolutey sure that you did not open the account.