Question

SeeingSomeLight

Dispute caused Equifax score to go up - TransUnion went down!
Chapter 13 filed 11/2009 was still on my Equifax report, NOT on TransUnion, hence Equifax score was 45 points lower than TransUnion. I disputed with Equifax, since it should have dropped off - they agreed & took it off - score went up 45 points. HOWEVER, CreditKarma monitoring notified me immediately that TransUnion had added the BK record & my score with TU dropped. I immediately disputed with TU, they didn't change it - but I notice the TU public record info does not say if it's CH 7 or CH 13... Should I just call TU, dispute again or what?

Most Helpful Response

Calling reporting company

Have you ever tried talking to a human at a credit reporting company? You might do better placing a person to person long distance call to God.

Dr. P.Taylor

After 7 years any Bankrupcy records should be removed completely. There should be no claims put on your credit score on medical debit when you are well over 65 years olds and have Medicare as well as Medicaid.

Call TU and ask what's going on. They can usually either fix it for you, or tell you how you can get it fixed (or at least explain what happened and why).  

Dispute Transunion

In disputing trans union make sure to include a copy of you equifax before and after the disput making sure highlighting the areas of concern

bankrupcty CH #11

I have been discharge from this bankrupcty and now I still see it o my credit report. How do I get it off????

DIspute

Yes you should dispute it but you need to mail the dispute in via certified mail. Look up the 609 rule of FCRA it questions a Credit Reporting agency right to report

Gmm

Because I became disabled, my income dropped from $50,000.to $18600. I couldn't keep up anymore.

Ch 7 or Ch 13

A bankruptcy can stay on your credit report for 10 years and a collection for 7 years.  Other derogatory comments for 4 years depending on your state's statute of limitation laws.

Chapter 13 bankruptcy

This should have dropped off

chapter 13