Question

BuyerBeware2

Dispute a collections
I have disputed a "collections" because the company could not prove I was the one who opened the account. No proof of ID, no verifiable signature, etc. Yet Credit Karma reported "dispute settled, customer disagrees". Ya think? Yes, I am going to send another letter but any advice on what else to do. Clearly this is either a scam or I am a victim of identity theft.

Credit Karma does not report anything, they are not a credit bureau. The three credit bureaus are Transunion, Equifax and Experian. Credit Karma only relays the information on your credit report to you. The only advice that I can give is to hire a consumer law attorney if the dispute was not found in your favor and you want to continue to fight it.

Hi there,

Credit Karma is able to facilitate the dispute process but does not have any role in determining the outcome. The credit brueau investigates and makes a determination. You might find this article to be helpful: https://www.creditkarma.com/article/credit-dispute-didnt-work