Question

ukfan52

disputable bill was put on my credit report
My daughter's college told her to take a parent loan out for her 1st year of college with out consulting me. 1 year later I receive a bill from Sally Mae saying the debt was mine. I called them over and over to find out why, I even sent the bill to our Attorney General. While I was disputing this charge they applied it to my credit report as late. We finally agreed on a price and I paid it in full but during that time they reported me as being late...Is there anything I can do about this? Thank you.

file a personal statement

You can ad a personal statement to your credit reports explaining what happened. Since it was recently reported then taken care of, most creditors will accept your statement and adjust for it.  The reported item will probably stay on your report.  part of your aggrement with them when you paid it off should have been to have them remove it when you paid. You can still write them and ask if they will remove it but they have no motivation to do so.

Good Luck