Question

xtrn

Discover charge off what to do?
I have about $780 in debit to discover which my cc has been charged off. I called and they gave me a collections agency who owned the debt. I asked if they'd do a pfd they said that they couldnt. Sense it's from 2012 should I just ride it out? I'm working on improving my credit score but I'm not sure what I should do. The utilization is hurting me (158%). What's the best thing to do?

Most Helpful Response

If Discover no longer owns the debt, the balance should be zero and that would reduce the damage of the ding you are getting for utilization. I would dispute the balance with the credit bureaus. It would be just about impossible to get the Discover account removed, but if you persist on trying to get a PAY FOR DELETE AGREEMENT with the collections company you may eventually succeed. Riding out out may be three or four years, both the original account and collection account will stay on your reports for seven years from the DOFD date (date of first delinquency). But it will lose it's damage with age.

advice

Anbody?