Question

Kricks8

Discover Card Promo Question
Hi,
I opened a Discover card about 2 weeks ago. Today I am on amazon and I notice they're offering a promotion that if you apply for a Discover card through amazon you get a $50 amazon card. My question is, would it hurt my credit to close the account I just opened and open a new one through the amazon link so I can get the $50. Both card would be Discover, one is just following an amazon link. Thank you!

That would HURT your credit. do some reading about the damage of closing accounts. I didn't know that you could get Discover cards on Amazon, I thought Chase bank was the lender that issued Amazon credit. DO NOT do what you are thinking about doing, bad idea.