Question

Bigredmo

Discover Cancelled My Ability to Charge Things to My Discover Card
My Discover Card was charging me 19.99% interest. I have a "good" credit rating, and I didn't think that was fair. I pay 11 and 8 percent interest on my other two cards. I called to see if they would lower the interest rate, and I got the interest rate lowered to 0% for current purchases and to 12.99% on my balance (which I had transferred from an Amex card which was cancelled because it was tied to my Costo membership I allowed to lapse when I moved to an area where there were no Costco stores). Somehow, lowering the rate on my balance caused Discover to cancel my ability to charge anything to my Discover card. I am not up to my limit, and I have my payments automatically deducted from my bank account. I have never been late with a payment. What gives?

I think only the Discover Card people can answer your question, give them a call.