Question

Shaxton2

discharging in a few months with 2 of the 7 years of a chapter 7 left will my credit go up in july?
I am in a chapter 7 and should have my last payment in june or july and then I believe i will be discharged, do you know if your credit will go up then or is it after when your full 7 years have been completed? I am looking at perhaps purchasing a home and want to get an idea, and i would like to know if it goes up? besides medical bills I have a great history now!

Sounds like you have a Chapter 13 instead of a Chapter 7.  In a 7, you are dscharged from paying the debts that are dischargable, there are no payments to a trustee and it hurts your credit for ten years.  A Chapter 13 is a structured loan repayment that saves a lot of money and gets the creditors paid at a lower rate, but doesn't leave the "holding the bag" like a 7 does. This topic and how to buy a home are covered in the articles here.  The more you knokw, the better off you are.