Question

outlaws10

Direct Dispute 30 day
I used the "Direct Dispute" service here on CK. I had a 30 day show up on my credit report. long story short, I was in the hospital and missed a payment by less than 24hrs. When I explained the situation while paying my bill by phone I was told they would waive the 30-day hit and it wouldn't be reported.
Guess what.?. It showed up. I've left it there for 3 or 4 years but, It's been bugging me so I decided to try to remove it. This account has been closed and paid in full for 2 years.
So, a couple of days go by and then I see the following.
Result: Based on your dispute request, TransUnion has included new information on your TransUnion credit report. Status: Closed.

What does this mean? On MyFico it still shows with all 3 bureaus but, on CK my Transunion report does not show the 30 day anymore. Equifax still shows the 30 day.
Just trying to make sense of all this.

Did you dispute with ALL THREE bureaus or just one.   You have to dispute on all three bureaus.  Also, keep in mind if you did,their reporting is not exact and the change should be forthcoming.  You may also find that TransUnion is better on favorable disputes then the other 2.    I file a dispute and TU took all the documentation I provided and removed the item immediately.  The other two. had to wait for confirmation and denied my request said I had to wait until 2017.  Then, magically, 3 months later, guess they changed their mind as it disappeared from all the reports at that time.

faidros

Also, all of the firms that offer the service like Credit Karma does not pull the same way.  Some only pull fresh data every 30 days,some have other time frames.  Its all in the timing when they pull and update your data as well as when the bureau makes the update themselves.  Give it 30 days more time  You've waited 4 years, whats another 4 weeks?

I appreciate the response faidros. 

I'm about 3 weeks in wait right now so I will continue. Once I see the update in MyFico I will try with the other bureaus.

I've read it here a bunch of times but have never been able to understand why CK has a 35 to 40 point difference in my score compared to my FICO 8 score?

What's even stranger is Equifax is 40 points lower than Transunion and Experian on my FICO 8...

Since I started monitoring everything and learning about credit management I've been able to stay right at 700 at CK and float around 740-750 on the other sites. I hope this removal will help boost the score. Time will tell.

Again, thanks for your input.