Question

Cobainius

Difficulty getting to 700 credit score
I have all 3 of my credit cards paid on time each month, and kept at very little balances, 20$/400 20/200 and 25/300. My credit score hasn't budged from 684 I used to credit stimulator and basically nothing changed, if I take a new credit score it actually said it will go down 4 points. I do have about 40k in student loans but again are paid above minimum on time each month. Any suggestions would be awesome!!! Thanks!

Most Helpful Response

Don't rely on your CK score to much

My score on CK has never gone much above 700 and it never stays there. But all 4 of my scores from the actuall CRA's and Fico are all in the 725-745 range.  

Use CK to educate yourself and treat it as a Base-Line  I see it as being the lowest score that I can possibly have.  The Vantage score is actually the closest that CK puts up, to what my actual score have been.  Experian calls it the Plus score. I recently went into a jewelers looking at wedding rings.  Once we had chosen a beautiful set, the salesman ran our credit to open an account.  I'm not sure which score they use, But mine came back as 758 and my Fiance was at 749.  They opened an account with a $20,000. limit at 0% for 48 monthS  WOW!  A little over a year ago i couldn't get a sedcured credit card!

Credit Karma changed the way I treat and use my credit.   USE IT FOR THE TOOLS AND DON'T WORRY TO MUCH ABOUT THE NUMBERS.  They will come with time. .