Question

Thunderbird1671

Difference of a Balance transfer vs paying debt with credit card
Hello,
I was recently approved for a credit card with 0% interest on purchases and balance transfers for 15 mos, and there is a balance transfer fee of 3%. I want to pay some debt, but I wonder if I go online and pay off the debt with my credit card will I save the 3% balance transfer fee? What is the difference of a balance transfer than paying off debt with your credit card online?

Generally you cannot pay other credit cards and some other credit accounts off with a credit card so you would need to do a balance transfer (similar to sending a check as payment).

If your other credit accounts allow you to pay with a CC (with under a 3% fee for using credit instead of a bank debit account) then definitely go that route as you will not be charged a transfer fee and the 0% applies to both purchases and transfers.