Question

Arcticfox400

Did anyone else's credit score drop after the Costco Amex to Citi Visa switch?
Both my equifax and transunion vantage scores droppedal 27 points after the Amex to Citi switch did this happen to anyone else?

Yes, mine did!

Mine dropped 58 points! This is obsurd. My credit history length should not be affected because Costco decided to switch credit card companies. At the very least they could have warned us customers of the negative effect on our score, I would have done a balance transfer to a new card. This needs to be disputed.

DJP644

I had a balance on mine that was transfered.  It didn't make a difference.  My 14 y/o card went away and a brand new account appeared dropping my average account age to about a year.  

Not on mine. Are both accounts listed? One closed and one opened? Scroll down on the home page and look for other changes. 

Down 38 points

Mine dropped 38 points.  I had my Costco Amex for 14 years.  It was my oldest card with over $30K of available credit.  Them closing that account droped my credit age to just over a year old.  Total BS.  We had no choice in the matter.  

Mine dropped!

My Credit Karma Transunion dropped 110 ppints and Equifax dropped 95 when my Costco AMeX account was closed!   Hoping when the Citicard shows up, my scores will stabilize.   There were absolutely no other changes on my account besides that account closing too.

Down 20+ pts

The AmEx card disappeared lowing my credit limit and average account age since it was my oldest card.  The new card has not showed up yet either.  I hope it shows up as a transfer in account and both credit card age and limits recover.  If the new card shows up as a new card and reduces my overall average credit age again then I will be severly POed.  I'm lucky I just completed my home purchase before this happened otherwise I would take this up with whatever gov't agencies I can and would likely drop Costco and never return.

YES

I have had so many calls to Citibank, and they promise and nothing yet. As i'm in the process of closing on a mortgage and i will loose 5K if i can't close by the 31st of this month. This couldn't have happened at a worse time. They promised that it would be fixed last month and i'm still waiting!