Question

whit8952

Derogatory Removal
I pulled by 3 FICO Reports and EQ and EX removed derogatory info. What actions can I take to have TU to remove it from their report. There is a huge difference in my TU score. Suggestions needed.

Most Helpful Response

after a dispute was filed several

Several years ago a power company tried to tell me i owed a huge bill, i had it paid through a county program and they turned my power back on.  The agency i went through closed a few years back and the records were destroyed so i have no way of verifying this information in my benifit. When i told them they needed to send me proof i owed thhis bill that had already been paid and they never did it was removed off my credit. I was applying for a loan on a house and i was told that they put it back on my credit a few months ago, can they do that? So my fight is starting over all over again?!

mommarae09

I worked as a debt collector for some time. When a company is bought out, they sell ALL their accts, whether paid off or not. Unfortunately the "burden of proof" falls on you the consumer. It's not fair, but in all circumstances, try to keep records of any debt you've paid off. You can also use bank statements if your bank saves a few years back (mine does). 

Should just be the same thing you did with Equifax and Experian, you have to submit a dispute separately with Transunion.

world finance

that account was payed along time ago

all derogatory on my credit report most of it wentinto my chapter 7 bankrup

Derogatory Removal

How can i remove the derogatory items on my credit report?