Question

mmijatov15

Derogatory Line of Credit
I had a line of credit (roughly $5000) in college that I never paid and is now showing as derogatory on my credit report. I recently called U.S bank who accepted a $200 payment to start paying this back, which confuses me as the account is marked "closed" on the report. Does this mean I can pay this back and have the "derogatory" label removed?

Closed means you can't put any new charges on it.  Once you pay it back, it will still be a negative account, but it will show paid, so that is better than unpaid.  It will fall off your credit report 7 & 1/2 years from date it went delinquent.