Question

johnd11

Derogatory info listed as "KD"
I was just alerted to a derog item showing up on my Equifax report. Long story short is it was a medical debt (deductible) for $55. I was alerted to it on 10-30 and paid for it today 11-4. Provider was sending bills to old address and they were never forwarded to me. The service date was from March of 14.

Provider assures me that they will notify the collection agency who reported the item to have it removed from the report. Is there any way I can hasten this process? My score dropped around 100 points. ughhh.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Did they give you assurance in writing?  If so, send a copy of that to all three credit bureaus.  If not, go ahead and write letters to all 3 bureaus and tell them it was sent to collections in error and that the data furnisher agreed to remove it from your report.  It will still take 30 days.  Be sure to send them 2 forms of your ID to prove you who are, or they will just ignore your request.  One form of ID must have your current address.  Best of luck!