Question

Breezy1990

Deposit not being returned after USAA closed my secured credit card?
I had a secured credit card with USAA and I was late for one month due to family emergency. I got ahold of a rep who I told I was having a family emergency and that I would be a able to pay a week after being one month late. I made my payment and little did I know that USAA had closed my account. I paid off the account after being closed now USAA is telling me that the deposit I made has been forfeited? I didn't find any of this information online if anyone can tell me if they went through something like I did. Or know anything about this.

Thanks for your help!

Secured card closed

Breezy, I can totally relate to you.  After speaking with 4 cust reps making promises to pay on a specified date, I called that day to make a payment.  The first rep told me to pay at UPS for the fastest route.  UPS will not accept cc payments only deposits.  The second rep just told me to pay online since system was back up and running, so I did.  The next day, being today, I was informed that my CD was closed and being applied to my bal which I just paid yesterday, because I was way past the due date, even though I spoke with cust serv and made payment arrangements, there was nothing they could do.  The escalation rep agreed that it was unfair that no one mentioned the 'policy' about the account automatically closing days after a missed payment.  I was definitely shocked at the rigid restrictive nature of the account, even when the manager agrees that it should not have been closed after the payment was made....strange.