Question

Top1105

Denied "LACK OF TRADES NEVER DELINQUENT OR DEROGATORY"
I recently purchased a car and I they applied to several banks/companies to find me the best rate. I ended up with a loan through Audi Financial at 3.4%, but in the process, I was denied from Wells Fargo.

Got a letter from them a few days later with one of the reasons saying it was denied for "LACK OF TRADES NEVER DELINQUENT OR DEROGATORY". So does that mean they denied me because I was NEVER late on a payment?!?! I don't understand how NOT being delinquent or derogatory can affect me negatively.

Weirdest part was that a week after that, I got another letter from Wells Fargo saying they reconsidered and approved the loan at different terms, but the dealer denied the counter offer because I already got a better loan.

"Lack of Trades" likely means that that credit bureau did not show sufficient credit information to provide a credit score.  While it might be desirable to have creditors report to all three credit bureaus, most don't because they pay a fee to use a credit bureau. You can find more on this in the articles on this site.