Question

Jroberts423

Denied for a Chase Freedom account
I applied for a Chase freedom account and was denied. The person I spoke with referred to a supposed charged off account from 2002-2006 (though I've never had a Chase account before, the company may have been bought out by Chase. Plus they said I have a collection on my report, which according to the credit reports I've seen in the last month I in fact do not. I started with a secured card in 2013 and since have gotten 3 unsecured (CapOne, FNB Omaha and a Jeep MC). I'm just curious if I should call the recon line to try to get the card, or just take the hit and wait awhile before trying for a different card.

I should have stated that CK TU is 685, CK EQ is 685 and credit sesame EX is 632. I get a monthly FICO with the Jeep MC, which is 618 currently. 

icuhowie

Ahhh that helps out.

Would say wait on trying to apply for any other Credit Card until you get all three of these just over 700.

Do not think a recon will help you out at all.

Pull your free credit reports and find out what bad information you have and work on getting them taken care of.