Question

Skybarney

Denied for a card Credit Karma suggested. Hard inquiry - ouch
Do NOT apply for cards that are NOT pre-approved based solely on CK's estimate of your approval odds. They are not clear about the policies and just because they say you have "excellent" chances of getting a card does not mean you do.
****ed me off a bit to find this out. It cost CK a lot of credibility for me and I am done accepting any of their advice.
Only card I have is a Capitol One with a 3,300 limit CK reports my scores at 738 TU and 714 EQ No idea of Fico as I refuse to pay for the info.

It's not a CK recommendation!

Credit Karma is free to us but there are costs associated with setting up and maintaining an internet site.  Who pays, then?  It is the credit card advertisers who will get their costs back when  they can get more customers.  And, the recommendations are based only on the partial information from only one credit bureau (Transunion) where the credit card company may consult another credit bureau for their information.  You will get a letter stating that after a denial of credit is received so you can find out the reasons for denial.