Question

dennyM13

denied due to debt to income ratio
Hi everything this is our situation:
Both my BF and I have student loans that add up to about 50,000.
We got a loan from a credit union for his car a year ago for 10,000. I'm a cosigner for him because his credit score was a bit low.
Now we want to get a load for a car for me and they denied us due to "debt to income ratio" was too high. He also asked about refinancing his car and they said no due to the same reason.
So, how could they have given us a loan the 1st time and not now? What can we do to get around that? My main concern is that I don't want to pay too high of an interest rate. Any advice?

Pay off loans or raise your income. Simple as that.