Question

laughingsarah

denied Discover it card
Credit Karma recommended a Discover it card- apparently I had a "very good" chance of being approved. I even received an invitation # to apply in the mail, which I know doesn't really mean anything. I have a good credit score- around 730. My income is not high. I was hoping to get this card to do a balance transfer. Is there a number you can call to dispute the decision?

First, it was not this site that made the recommendation.  Discover is one of the many card companies who pay for this site so the education and on-line training provided her is free to you.  That recommendation was made on partial credit information and when your application was received, some other factors not included in your account on this site were obtained and considered by Discover.  You should soon receive a letter telling you which credit bureau they obtained information from and what factors were considered in determining a denial was in order. Read that and determine wqhat you can do to correct the situation before applying for another credit card..