Question

Diperez21

Denied credit from department store my score is 679 been current with payments why?
Letter that was sent stated that I had too high revolving credit and late and no payments on current accounts. I have been current with two cards and current in mortgage and car payments for years. That letter is why I'm checking my report now. How can I check detail on credit report?

Most Helpful Response

High revolving debt appears as a high risk to lenders, they like to see utilization on revolving accounts (credit cards) below 30%, but the best case scenario is between 1%-20% utilization. As for late payments, many lenders like to see a 100% on time payment history. You can get your detailed credit reports at www.annualcreditreport.com. You will want to carefully review them for accuracy and dispute any inaccurate information.